Jared Leto is reaching new heights — literally. To announce his band Thirty Seconds to Mars‘ upcoming global tour, the 51-year-old singer-actor scaled one of the most iconic buildings in the world, New York City’s Empire State Building.
Leto took on the challenge with nothing but an orange jumpsuit and ropes, as seen in footage taken by helicopter circling the landmark. The artist specifically climbed up the narrow base underneath the tower’s antenna, the top of which clears 1,454 feet.
“I’ve had a fascination with the Empire State Building, the ‘world’s number one attraction,’ since I was a kid,” wrote the Suicide Squad star on Instagram, sharing a video of his otherworldly feat. “Not sure if it was Guinness world records, King Kong, but something about this iconic structure always captured my imagination. Built in just 13 short months, in one of the greatest cities in the world it has always been a powerful symbol to me of all the possibilities in life.”
The Thirty Seconds to Mars’ 2024 Seasons World Tour kicks off March 15 in Latin America with festival performances at Lollapalooza Chile, Argentina and Brazil. The trek will support the band’s September album It’s The End of the World But It’s a Beautiful Day, which bowed at No. 76 on the Billboard 200.
“In a lot of ways, this album is about following your dreams and pushing yourself to do the seemingly impossible,” Leto continued in his post. “Climbing the Empire State Building certainly falls into that category for me. As does touring the world with my brother and sharing these unforgettable concerts and experiences with you all.”
The House of Gucci actor also shared a video of himself and his bandmate/brother, Shannon Leto, performing their song “Seasons” at the top of the Empire State Building, the concrete jungle’s landscape sprawling below them.
Pre-sale tickets for the North America shows go on sale Friday (Nov. 10) at 10 a.m. local time on the band’s website. General on sale kicks of Nov. 17 at 10 a.m. local time.
Watch Leto climb the Empire State Building below, and scroll through his post for tour dates:
Source From: www.billboard.com
- GPT Studio Review – The World #1 Real Open AI Connected WordPress Software That Auto Creates Set & Forget Websites!
- ScriptioAI Review – The First To Market and ONLY Tool To Combine The Power Of Google Bard, Microsoft, & ChatGPT To Create Digital Marketing Assets With Ease!
- Zeus Review – The Brand New Set & Forget AI-Powered App Turning TikTok Into A $483/Day Viral Traffic Machine!
- Ink Buddy AI Review – The First To Market AI-Powered App Creates Fully Customized Ebooks, Flipbooks & Other Info Products From A Single Keyword Without Writing A Single Word Or Doing Anything Yourself!
- ResponseKraft Review – The World’s First A.I. App Exploiting Thread, Twitter and Quora And Hijack 2,567 Clicks Daily For 100% Free!